The Bishop and his departments employ a range of specialists in many different areas. Similarly, our parishes employ staff for administrative and other purposes. If you would like to place a relevant employment notice on this website, please contact:
Leader People Support & Development
Catholic Diocese of Auckland
Phone: 360 3009
ECB Catholic Parish – Pastoral Youth Assistant
- New part-time position (20 hours per week)
- Empower youth to become fully involved in the life of our parish
- Mairangi Bay, North Shore, Auckland
Are you passionate about empowering youth to grow their relationship with Jesus Christ and be inspired, faithful members of a parish community? We certainly hope so! This new role is a fabulous opportunity to work alongside our Assistant Priest to develop, coordinate and deliver strategy and operational plans and activities that provide inspiration and hope to our parish community and engages youth for today and the future. Specifically the role is responsible for ensuring the future of our youth so that:
- each young person is able to encounter Christ in a personal way
- they feel a true sense of belonging to the Parish and the wider Catholic Church
- they encounter personal growth, education, empowerment and fellowship
- we create a future of inspired and faithful members of our parish
- we provide inspiration and hope to our parish community
We are truly committed to the youth of our parish and engaging them in a way that is relevant for them, appropriate for our parish, and inspires parishioners at all levels. We are a vibrant passionate parish made up of many different cultures who celebrate God in our lives, share our living faith and are messengers of hope. This is an exciting time in our parish with new initiatives and developments in various areas underway that embraces the past and present and sets the platform for the future for our community. We are looking for a very special person who….
- is committed to the life mission and work of the Catholic faith community, beliefs, ethics, values and standards, demonstrated in the example of their own life and values.
- has proven experience in the coordination of youth programmes and activities that are fit-for purpose
- is passionate about creating opportunities for youth and young adults; you will share our vision for community, leadership, and pastoral care
- thinks strategically and delivers operationally
- is adept at juggling many priorities with outstanding organisational, time management, self-management, multi-tasking and administrative skills
- well-developed relationship and pastoral care skills gained in diverse community settings
- is energetic, enthusiastic and high-energy
- has well developed communication, IT and social media skills
- is available to work some hours out of hours and during weekends
- a full drivers licence
- will become an integrated member of ECB Catholic Parish
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead the future of youth in our community. Are you committed to truly making a difference for youth? To view the full job description please click here and for applications please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications close on 16 May 2018.
Position: Contract Parish Gardener
A vacancy exists for the position Contract Parish Gardener in the Parish of Our Lady Star of the Sea, Howick.
In keeping with Diocesan policy, the position is offered on a contract basis and suitable applicants are invited.
Interested applicants should contact: Linda Van Heerden, for a copy of the draft contract and description of services.
Linda Van Heerden
Our Lady Star of the Sea Parish
18 Parkhill Road
PO Box 38 276, Howick
P. (09) 534 8710
F. (09) 535 7563